The International Council on Amino Acid Science (ICAAS) is a not for profit association registered in the
ICAAS was established in the year 2000 in
For the further enhancement of its activities in the international arena, ICAAS changed its governing structure, and moved its registered office to
What are ICAAS goals?
- To explore and resolve scientific concerns related to all aspects of safety, quality and use of amino acids with particular emphasis on dietary use in humans.
- To establish a framework for assessing and predicting the consequences of differing levels of amino acid intakes in humans under various conditions.
- To develop ICAAS quality specifications for amino acid products available in the market in order to ensure consumer safety.
What is the scope of ICAAS activities?
- Holding international workshops on the assessment of adequate and safe intakes of dietary amino acids.
- Implementing research studies.
- Presenting expert opinions and scientific information to regulatory authorities.
- Devising common legal and regulatory responses concerning various amino acid-related issues.
- Disseminating beneficial information on amino acids to the public.